Why become a club member?
You don’t have to know how to fly fish! Just bring your enthusiasm. We are a group who get together and talk about fly fishing and plan trips. It’s just about the enjoyment of the outdoors, conservation, and fishing. Annual dues are only $15 individual and $20 family. There are currently no in-person club or fly tying meetings due to COVID-19, however we still have virtual activities. If you would like to join the club during this period, download the form linked below, fill it out, and send it with a check to the mailing address indicated on the form.
- Monthly club meetings featuring guest speakers
- Monthly newsletter to keep informed about what’s going on at PVFF
- Conservation outings and educational outreach
- Fly fishing outings hosted by club members
- A mentor program: experienced club members may volunteer to become a mentor, those new to the sport may request a mentor to improve their fly fishing skills
- We host a program for Project Healing Waters for Frederick, Maryland in support of our local veterans
- Monthly beginner and advanced fly tying programs
- We raise trout in our club-managed pen to stock our club’s home waters each year
- We raise trout fry to support Maryland’s Trout in the Classroom
- Equipment loaner program for fly tying or fly fishing gear (see below)
- Annual fly casting clinic to help improve your skills
- Annual club banquet and picnic
- Annual raffles and no-bid auctions of member- and business-donated items and gift certificates
No fly fishing equipment? We can help get you started.
Don’t have enough equipment for you or your youngsters? Our club members will be glad to help you get started by lending equipment and helping you make decisions on equipment to purchase. The club has several 5-weight 7 1/2 foot fly rod and reel combs and 1 8-weight 9-foot fly rod combo available to check out and use. This program is designed to give the young members of the club a chance to use a rod that is a bit shorter and youth friendly. We have 5 combos and anyone interested in checking one out please see Jon Thames. The rods are available now for the upcoming season on a first come basis.
We also have an 8 weight rod, ideal for any member wishing to try a larger rod on the Bay or any of the larger waters in the area. This rod is normally checked out for 1 or 2 weeks at a time to allow more members a chance to use it. Contact us if you are interested in learning more.