By Karen Baker
We all want to be considerate of our natural environment and respectful of our fellow angler so here are a few reminders of several things to consider when fly fishing when others are on the stream.
- Stop and watch other anglers from a distance.
- Make your approach to another angler with a simple greeting and eye contact.
- Ask if it’s OK to fish above or below them, and, if it’s OK, space yourself at a far enough distance so your lines don’t cross.
- Don’t camp out: fish your spot and then move on.
- Keep calm and quiet, don’t splash around.
- Learn proper release techniques to protect the fish from undue trauma.
Hints from the Flymen Blog