The PVFF Virtual Banquet is October 24 at 6:00 pm on Zoom. Not only will we pick the raffle prize winners (although you don’t have to be present to win), but it’s shaping up to be a fun program – we have lined up some live entertainment, amusing videos, and recognition awards given to deserving individuals. We’ll be sending the Zoom invitation to everyone via email as we get closer to the big day.
If you’re participating in the raffle and sending in a check, this is also a great opportunity to pay your 2021 dues! Last but not least, this is a good time for you to consider a nice donation to add to the list. Thanks in advance for your help in keeping us strong.
Here are photos of just some of the great items on offer donated by PVFF members. Select a photo to view a larger picture.
And here is a list of all of items in text form:
- A fishing kayak donated by Lynn Ashe.
- A two-night stay in a four-person cabin in Babcock State Park in West Virginia.
- Original artwork (framed trout print) by Dan Neuland
- Stained glass piece by Karen Baker.
- A guided bass tour hosted by Donald Lee.
- A guided trip to Town Creek hosted by Larry Forte.
- A fly box with 10 dozen hand tied trout flies donated by Don Fine. The collection includes: representative aquatic fly patterns (tied in various sizes and color variants) and covering a broad selection of caddisfly, stonefly, mayfly and midge imitations.
- A 5/6 wt aluminum fly reel (never used) with carrying case from Dave Folkerts.
- Handmade wooden fly tying caddies and clips and decorative crayfish fly donated by Donald Lee.
- Assortment of hand tied flies donated by Bob Abrams.
- Sage 5-wt fly rod donated by Martyn Holland.
- Scotch, sherry, and cognac gift set donated by Dennis Grizzle.
- $75 Hunting Creek Outfitters gift certificate donated by Owen Davis.
- $25 Hunting Creek Outfitters gift certificate donated by Andy Mekelburg.
- $50 Hunting Creek Outfitters gift certificate donated by Andy Mekelburg.
- $50 Beaver Creek Fly Shop gift certificate donated by Paul Murphy.
- Two $25 Beaver Creek Fly Shop gift certificates, 2 hats, 2 fly boxes donated by Murray Friedman (fly boxes will include flies from PVFF).
- A bottle of Bordeaux donated by Peter Thompson.
- Three mystery novels set in West Virginia donated by (and written by!) E. Randolph Underwood.
- Three rods, reels, and line (two Orvis and one Cabela); vest and pack; hand-tied and purchased fly assortment donated by Ron Partyka.
- Handmade spinning rod/reel donated by John Brognard.
- Apple pie donated by Ruby Fine.
- Two 40 percent off gift certificates donated by St. Croix.
- Half-day guided trip to South Central Pennsylvania streams donated by Mike Heck, professional trout guide, author, and fly tyer.
We also have our club travel rod, which is a separate raffle item ($5 a ticket). For those unfamiliar with the travel rod, the winner gets to use this really nice Scott 9’ 5 wt rod for a year. It includes a custom-made wooden display case and a log book so you can record your fishing adventures.
Tight lines everyone!
—Andy Mekelburg, PVFF President